dusk Aromatherapy + Harmony candle review

03 January 2011 |
Hello~ Just wanted to do a quick post about the dusk aromatherapy line which I've recently purchased. :) I used to love lighting candles in my room when I was little, but my momma said I might burn the house down if I wasn't careful enough. So that was the end of my lighting candle days... Thanks for your belief in me, MOM. :P

But I'm all grown up and less likely to burn a house down now and I still love lighting candles!! I have also been really into things that smell nice and soothing. And makes me feel relaxed and my room smell fragrant and welcoming~ XD When I stumbled across a dusk store and saw that they were having a massive sale/clearance, I just couldn't help myself. I just had to reignite my love for candles (pun!)~ Since I wanted a fragrant room as well as some health benefits, I was captivated by their aromatherapy line!!





Christmas clearance sale was on, so I snagged this. :)) (Original price was $19.99 but because Christmas was over, the price was slashed down to $5!!!) Happy happy ho ho ho~ I love bargains!!!


dusk offers so many different scents and candles for you to choose from!! But since it was my first purchase and I didn't know what to expect, I settled for trying out Harmony.



Harmony (geranium & lavender)
Harmony is a beautiful floral scent. It relaxes, restores and maintains emotional stability. It is also good to promote restful sleep and helps by reducing tension.

My take:
The description is pretty much spot on~ When I light it my room smells like lavender, which is one scent I really love! :) It does make me feel more relaxed and every time I light it at night, I feel sleepy and always want to head to bed early! XD Because of this, I've been sleeping VERY early the past few days - heading to bed before midnight (I usually sleep wayyyy past midnight :O).

The small candle above has a burning time of approximately 14+ hours (there was a sticker below the candle stating that) and it costs $3.99. :) My harmony candle is already 3/4 burnt after lighting it on and off for about 1 week! Imma head out to try a different aromatherapy candle next time!!



Do you light candles at home, too? Do you have any particular favourite scent of candle? I think I wanna try awakening next time, which contains tangerine + lime. It claims to 'energise and awaken your mind'!! Just what I need before uni starts! hahaha! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)