Stay hydrated this summer

22 February 2012 |
The weather has been burning the past few days! Some of the days it got as hot as 36 degrees. The thing I tend to forget to do is to stay hydrated. I never realize how thirsty and dehydrated I am until I pour a glass of water to drink - and end up downing at least 3 cups! My sister is also an easy prey to this dehydrating condition, she rarely touches her water -so I've added some freshly squeezed lemon juice into her water every morning, apart from adding more greens to her diet. Glad to say that she almost finishes her bottle daily nowadays..

Anyway, watermelons are in season right now, which is wonderful! Watermelons have an extremely high (more than 90%) water content. This makes them ideal for hydrating our body! Just make sure to eat them on an empty stomach and before meals!



We dropped by the market today, and picked up this lovely watermelon for just under $2.50. Awesome! I love picking up a whole fruit as opposed to cut up slices since you never really know when/where/how the fruit has been cut, and fruits oxidize really quickly and lose a lot of their nutrients if not stored properly. Also picked up a seeded watermelon. In my opinion, hybridized seedless watermelons bred for high sugar content and inability to reproduce don't sound as appetizing to me at all. ;)


Stay hydrated in this hot weather - remember to drink lots of water and green smoothie too! How do you stay hydrated during a hot season?

2 comments:

IsmahRosman said...

If I feel dehydrated I just get a medium size mineral bottle with me. One in the office and one inside my car. I will have a headache if m lacking of it...

Jia Ni said...

That's a great idea!! I usually only carry 1 bottle and then I find that I don't have enough water to rehydrate! Thanks for the tip - visit again soon!

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)