Subiaco Farmers Market

09 October 2011 |
Saturday morning
You know you are amongst people who are passionate about their products when the twinkle in their eyes doesn't seem to disappear and you can hear laughter in the air from many miles away. That summarizes the atmosphere of Subiaco Farmers Market! Not to be confused with Subiaco's Station Street Market, Subiaco Farmers Market has an amazing atmosphere and is filled with lots of quality, fresh, local produce. There are many booths set up with people selling their own organic produce and homemade sauces. There is also a little hang out spot under a huge tree in the heart of the market where families and dogs sat down enjoying their breakfast, be it German sausages or creamy crepes or freshly baked pastries (among many many many others) with a cup of freshly brewed coffee/chai tea/100% juice! :))

I picked up a few goodies for myself before heading over to Station Street Market, since there were a few things I couldn't find in the Farmers Market. I also wanted to stop by Angry Almonds in Station Street Market to pick up some popcorn and oatmeal! So happy to have found this market, I definitely have to try out Waikika Moocow's frozen yoghurt (I am SUCH a fan of froyo) next time. I am also really tempted to pick up some succulent plants and herbs to start a little garden project soon~

18 comments:

Lina Kim ♥ said...

I love the pics, so lovely <3

Jia Ni said...

Thank you!! :))

June said...

looking forward to your little garden!

mizarwen said...

Waikika Moocow...hmm. Interesting name makes me curious to have a taste on dat...ice creams?

Jo Fletcher said...

The school building is oh-so dreamy! <3 I love the little pumpkin boxes too; they are so darling!

x
Lost in the Haze

Jia Ni said...

Me too! :D
There will be pictures once the garden has been established, haha. :))

Jia Ni said...

Haha, frozen yoghurt/ice cream! :) I know, the name moocow sounds so cute! XD

Jia Ni said...

It was truly a really nice location! :))
These pictures don't do the place justice!

sushicatjen said...

I really love the effort they put into the displays and signage too! You can really tell they're passionate and proud :D

susy said...

i wish we had more markets around my area!!
or maybe i just havnt researched enough haha :(

Mai said...

I love summer markets but they're always so early that I can never wake up for them. Plus I never seem to carry around enough cash to buy anything XD

Danii S said...

your photos are lovely! They all have some sort of story in them. love your outfit from the previous post too! wish i could pull off that outfit :P

Jia Ni said...

Exactly!! :D Couldn't agree with you more - which makes purchasing from them so so satisfying as well, haha. XD

Jia Ni said...

You should look into it! I never knew there were such markets around Perth until now (and I've been here for 4 years almost). :))

Jia Ni said...

Awww! Plan ahead? :) Really worth it going at least once! :D

Jia Ni said...

You can! :D And thank you, Danii!

Cherlyn Ng said...

Hi. I like your pics above. Btw, can I know how you insert the solid line between post right after the comment?

charmedquark said...

Station Street market is much cheaper for fruit and veggies! I used to shop at the farmers market every weekend until I found the station street markets :) 99c for a young coconut, can't go past that ^_^

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)