Trip Down South - Day 3

04 March 2011 |
Hi! Taking an official break from studying today, omg. :< I feel so unmotivated and sluggish, I think I'm just gonna proceed to blame the weather for being so warm. Summer is officially over though! Still, I'm really looking forward to actual autumn weather because it's my favourite season! Fallen leaves, cool, crisp weather - awesome! ^_^

Continuing from the Pemberton post, we continued our way down South to Albany~ Here are a few stops we made on the way to check out the local attraction areas and get some fresh air! 

Some tall trees near the Gloucester Tree. This shot reminds me of old England shows like Merlin, The Seeker or LOTR, I can just imagine a horse and travelers going past the road, maybe a local tavern somewhere nearby. LOL. I'm a huge fan of shows set in that era!

Lavendar farm. Super pretty and they had handmade lavendar products like soap, oils for burning and lavendar cookies!

Huge souvenir shop with so much locally produced goodies!

Windy Harbour, as its name suggests was so windy! *__* Waves smashing the rocks~ But it was a great change from the 40 degree summer heat/no wind days in Perth. 


Stopover at Walpole for lunch at Top Deck Cafe. Cute little cafe with so much pretty things around! Food was delicious, too! It's actually on the second floor of the courtyard seen in the photo above, so I guess that's why they named it "Top Deck"! 




Lunch consisted of smoked Atlantic salmon baguette, calamari salad and Thai chicken burger! ♥♥♥ Lots of leafy green and veges in their meals, I love healthy food!


What a creative alternative to toilet signs!!

Drove for another few hours to Valley of the Giants! It's named after the gigantic trees in the park, and the park was so huge and so much greenery! I think I saw the largest trees I've ever seen in my life here!!

So peaceful.

 Dad is so cool.

Soon, we reached Albany. I think I was suddenly amazed by how city-like it was! There was a huge round-about, actual different grocery stores and many different fuel outlets!! The towns we passed on the way to Albany usually only had ONE main street, ONE grocery outlet and ONE fuel station~ Albany's such a great town! Also, I swear the weather was 20 degrees (in the hottest month of January!). I wonder what winter is like down there!! ^_^   

This is where we spent the night, Ace Motor Inn! 

I think this pretty much sums up Day 3, which was the *last* official day of our trip down South. Day 4 we had to drive back to Perth and reach home by evening for the reunion dinner, which involved ~6 hours of driving on Albany Highway... We did do a few interesting stuff in the morning before we left Albany though, and I'll post those photos up soon! Definitely great memories!! 

I can't wait for another road trip!! They're so much fun! They can be really tiring, though! Have you been on a road trip somewhere recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)