dusk Haul - Candles, lighter, snuffer and wick trimmer

13 January 2011 |
Happy Thursday! ♥

If you haven't yet known, I'm in a huge obsession with aromatherapy candles right now~ The current love ♥ ♥ started since my first dusk haul post here) I reckon they really DO work!! They work on me, anyway! I've decided to go all out this time and add to my collection of votives a few must-haves for candle lovers. None other than... *drum rolls* a wick trimmer, snuffer and lighter!! :D 


Candle care kit
Description: (from dusk website)
Take pride and comfort in the ritual of burning and preparing dusk candles, with this stylish kit. Use the snuffer to prevent wicks from drifting off centre and to avoid wax splash. The wick trimmer, not only trims the wick at the perfect angle and length to facilitate an even, long-lasting burn, it’s clever design catches wick debris, which reduces drip and smoking. Ultimately your dusk candles will last longer, providing you with greater value for money.The perfect gift for any candle lover!



My take:
Originally I just wanted to get a wick trimmer, because I needed to trim off the top black bits of the wick, and the wicks get very long after burning for awhile~ Long wicks encourage the flame to be bigger, and they don't burn as evenly as they should! Since the kit comes with a snuffer, I started using the snuffer to put out flames. AND~ It's awesome! XD No more blowing off flames and having smoke rise up in my face~ No more blowing wax/spit into my votive holder!~ Wheee~ ♥

Recommended for:
Candle lovers! If you light candles often/every night /every other night like I do, you'll find it immensely useful! You'll find yourself using both these tools every time you light/put out a candle! :) Also would make a great gift for candle lovers (if they don't already own these tools), the packaging is gorgeous!


Candle lighter
Description:
Enjoy the effective jet power of the dusk Turbo Lighter! Perfect for hard to reach places, this refillable gas lighter features a downward firing flame ideal for lighting candles in hurricanes and lanterns. They are also suitable for lighting dusk Aromatics Lamps, and are perfect for use in windy conditions, making them a handy tool for any home.



My take:
I got this because I was having trouble lighting up candles with a flame lighter, especially when the candles got to 1/2 their length or less. I started lighting a stick and then trying to light the candle with the stick, but it doesn't work so well when I have the fan or air conditioner is on. With this lighter, so much time wastage and angst is saved. :D I know it's refillable (and the refill is about $7), but I'm not sure how long it will take to use up the butane gas in this lighter... I'll have to wait and see~

Recommended for:
Anyone who wants to light things quick in hard to reach places and windy areas! I guess any lighter will do the job though~ :)

1 comment:

Truman said...

how is it refilled

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)