Love, Respect, Trust

20 September 2011 |
At this point in my life, I realize that there are three extremely important values to me: Love, Respect and Trust. To give and receive love; to respect and be respected; to be able to trust and be trusted. Needless to say, Love, Respect and Trust have to be worked hard for - they do not just drop miraculously into your grasps. The three of them can come to you together at one single point in time, or separately - one after another. You may be able to gain one of them, but the other two may never be in your reach. Not to be taken for granted, they may leave as they please - fortunately they do so unwillingly. They give you a lot of chances, but once they decide to leave, it will take you even more hard work to persuade them to come back to you. Or you may have lost them, forever. This may sound like a paragraph of exaggerated exclamations, but bear in mind that this is my opinion, and I am known to be a little dramatic at times. ;)

On a brighter note, I have also realized how incredibly grateful I am for having people that I love, respect and trust! To be able to love someone, trust someone, respect someone is such a blessing in itself. To be able to look up to someone and be immensely proud of them, to be able to trust someone with your thoughts, to be able to love someone - flaws and all, makes the world a less lonely, at times frustrating, wonderful-beyond-words place to be in.

Recently, I keep finding myself caught up in deep thoughts like these - perhaps this is my new form of procrastination, or perhaps I am finally growing up. Before I ramble on, I should really stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)