Station street markets

25 September 2011 |

Woke up bright and early this morning to take the train down the Station Street Markets in Subiaco. I've always loved markets since I was a young girl. Every Sunday morning when I was a kid, I would accompany mom to the markets, and she would always get me some goodies - like collectible stickers, which was one of my earliest hobbies and collections. I still keep all the sticker albums - and I actually have a good 5 or 6 sticker albums! :)

I love being able to buy farm-direct, fresh food! Not to mention, markets always have the great variety and most reasonable bargain prices, compared to grocery stores. I would visit markets more frequently for my grocery, but unfortunately with workload at uni, that's not always possible and grocery stores in suburbs are more convenient. This market is actually quite a long travel from where I live, but today's trip was definitely worth it! Don't forget to bring your own recyclable bag. I picked up some field mushrooms, okra, grapefruits, a tub of boysenberry fresh yoghurt and popcorn kernels. 

Definitely check out Angry Almonds for a wide range of health foods - nuts, coffee beans, beans, flour etc; The Fresh Yoghurt Place for the yummiest, freshest yoghurt I've ever tasted in my life; the bakeries for freshly baked bread, tarts, pasties; and the fruit and vege stores located in the heart of Subiaco Station Street Markets.

3 comments:

Mana said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I always think that buying from markets vs. supermarkets is more healthy too but just like you, it's sometimes too time consuming and buying organic is often more pricey =( I use to collect stickers when I was younger too! haha I think it's popular since it's cheap and attractive to all kids of both genders! As for shopping, I rarely ever use the stores paper bags anymore since I try to carry a bag with me in case I buy anything =) These photos are great and I love the vintage vibe to them.

Jenny said...

Love places like this! And I totally agree about the fresh variety of fruits & vegetables.

Rino said...

Beautiful pictures ! Your blog is amazing ! ♥

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)