Watercolour Sunday

04 September 2011 |

Woke up early to a peaceful and lovely Sunday morning, and this morning I finally started catching up on my work for the design unit I'm taking. It has been really fun, a good break and change, from all the science I have been studying. These watercolours were given to me and my sister by a lovely aunt from Malaysia, my mother's sister. They were meant to be for us to use in high school, when art was a compulsory subject. Funnily enough, we hardly used them, and they were tucked away in our art supplies drawer.

Last year, though, I stumbled across Val's amazing (amazing does not even begin to describe her jaw-dropping) work and realized what watercolouring could do. When my dad visited me last year, I asked my mom to pack these for him to bring over to Australia, in hope that I will someday find time to paint a bit, as a creative pass time. However, I never did have enough time, and the box of watercolours continued to sit in my cabinet for a year or so. This morning, though, I finally decided to use watercolour to finish a design work I was working on. It was a therapeutic morning, indeed.






I was never any good with painting/drawing/arts (oh dear I was terrible in art back in school!), and still am not. I still consider photography as the medium I identify myself most with, but finding time to paint with brushes and drawing with a pencil on an actual paper is a whole new experience altogether. And I have to say, it's a very refreshing and happy experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)