September favourites

30 September 2011 |
This is another one of my firsts - a favourites post! I absolutely adore looking at 'Favourites' videos and posts, so here is mine for the month of September! Please leave a comment and share your links if you have a similar post, or let me know what products or items that you've been enjoying lately because I love trying new items too~ Spread the love!! :D

Pictured above: Frankie magazine, Tresemme thermal creations heat tamer spray, Maybelline Hello Kitty x Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara, Dolly wink liquid eyeliner (Black), Revlon creme shadow (Wild Orchids), Za true white cleansing foam, Don't sweat the small stuff for teens, nut bars, Kate Spade pink polka silicon case (iPod Touch), Earth natural soy wax candle (Relaxation)

*click 'read more' for my reviews and more photos/swatches below*
  1. Frankie magazine
    Such an inspiring magazine with lovely photos and interviews too - I just can't stop reading it and flipping through it. I've been tweeting about it a lot too, and I think Frankie has found its way into my magazine collection. I'm definitely going to start buying every issue starting right now. :)
  2. Tresemme thermal creations heat tamer spray
    Been using this for a few months now. I initially purchased it because it was winter and I found myself blow drying my hair almost every other day because it just would not dry in the cold nights in time for me to go to bed! It's not oily at all, and I like to spray it around my hair and concentrating on the roots~ The best thing is - apart from protecting my hair - I ALWAYS wake up with silky smooth hair the next day, and it has a subtle citrus-y smell to it too!
  3. Maybelline Hello Kitty x Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara / Dolly wink liquid eyeliner in black
    I believe the mascara is a limited edition one which I got from Watson's during my trip back in June! I've been using it sorta frequently but because the wand's brush is a lash comb, I think I wasn't really used to it so I used my other bristle brushed mascaras instead. BUT! Lately I dug this out and started to use it and I love it because the lash comb gets every single strand of eyelash~ Also doesn't leave clumps at all, so no smudges! What a pity, I would pick up a few more to stock up but I'm not sure if they still sell them. :< As for the liquid eyeliner - I keep raving about it whenever I start talking about makeup with someone! So easy to draw due to the fine tip, and easy to remove too!
  4. Revlon Illuminance creme shadow in Wild Orchids
    Picked this up when there was a buy 2 free 1 revlon sale last month. I love using them as a base and on the inner corner of my eyes because they are really bright and shimmery. And they stay on fairly well too!
  5. Za true white cleansing foam
    I never used to understand the use of 'whitening' products. I was the slightly tanner family member (my mom and sister both have a really pretty shade of porcelain white skin) and I was always teased by my aunts that I was too tan. But after awhile I learnt to embrace this and refused to use any product which claims to 'whiten' your skin! But I realized some of these products aren't only for people who are tan and want to be fairer, they also aim to reduce and lighten spots and any uneven skin tones you have! I think I have a few emerging spots on my face and patches of uneven redder than usual skin(?) from being under the sun a lot! I think after switching to this cleansing foam it has significantly improved my skin - no breakouts, and lighter more even skin! Also it has vitamin c prisms/scrubs which leave my skin feeling extremely clean and fresh after one wash! :D
  6. Don't sweat the small stuff (post here)
  7. Nut bars (also mentioned here)
    Good fat and protein! Also I am always hungry so I always carry one in my bag~ They keep me full/satisfied for another 2-3 hours before I start to feel hungry again. :) I should also mention that I always carry fruit in my bag because I like to snack and I get occasional food cravings/hunger pangs. These nut bars are really crunchy/chewy from the honey that holds the nuts together - so I take quite some time to get through them, compared to just eating nuts on their own~
  8. Kate spade iPod case cover
    I got this after the incident where I smashed my iPod screen (same post as #6). Initially I was using a really pretty Cath Kidston hard plastic cover but it couldn't protect my iPod at all, hence the incident above. I got a bit scared because I can get a bit clumsy/mindless at times so I decided to invest in a good sturdy silicon case cover. This pink silicon case is just amazing - I usually don't like silicon cases because they feel weird and powdery to hold and the rubber can give off a synthetic rubbery smell but I guess that might be because I always got cheaper alternatives. I used to believe that buying cheaper products was good because they probably break/wear out quickly but by that time you're probably wanting a new change, so the timing is good! But nowadays I feel that you do pay for the quality you get - so investing in an expensive item is probably the way to go if it means you really love it and it's gonna last you a long time! ;)
  9. Earth natural soy wax candle
    I love candles! But soy wax candles are SO expensive here in Perth (~$40) so I stopped purchasing them. I started trying the cheaper supermarket ones but they smelled so synthetic and gave me really bad headaches. :( Then I came across an Earth store in Fremantle's E-shed market! The lady was really nice and helped me to pick out their Relaxation candle - which has lavendar, bergamont and other essential oils~ It's 100% soy wax and essential oils and I have been addicted to burning this at home, it's SO relaxing! ;) The lid also acts as a snuffler - by covering the lid the flame eventually goes out and traps the smoke. I love trapping the smoke till the next day when I start burning it again because smelling candle smoke always reminds me of birthday cake, which makes me a bit light headed too, haha! How random. The soy candles all have different colours to them too - this one has two lovely shades of purple + cream, but there are so many other different ones that look so beautiful! These large candles 60 hour jars are $20! I will definitely be repurchasing and trying out other ones~ If you look at the photo above, you'll see that I'm already more than halfway through the whole jar in a week - that is how much I LOVE it. :)

    P/S: It's the last day of September today! Which marks the end of my 30 days of September blog everyday project - I had so much fun writing and posting here, and I will definitely try to blog as often as I can. Writing a blog can be so therapeutic~ Thank you everyone who takes the time to read it and those that take the extra effort to leave a comment as well! Much appreciated! <3

6 comments:

susy said...

YESSSSSSS OMG YOU STARTED BUYING FRANKIE :D

ITS SO GOOD ISNT IT!? and hoow cuteeee is the bimonthly calendar that you can stick on your wall :D :D :D

Jia Ni said...

YES! After you commented I started looking out for the mag and I'm now hooked! <3
CALENDAR IS TOO CUTE - I don't wanna use it! XD Thanks for recommending!!!

June said...

The picture on your blog is soooo pretty, like those pictures on tumblr that gets reposted again and again by everyone! :D

I really like your blog!

xixi said...

I wanna try out DW so badly now XD

Jia Ni said...

Thank you SO much! <3

Jia Ni said...

TRY IT! You won't regret it!!! Sasa.com sells the cheapest ones I've seen so far. :)

Post a Comment

I go through and read all comments and approve each of them individually so they may take some time to appear. :)